WORK WITH US
At Walker Wayland we are committed to being an employer of choice, we understand that the success of our firm is defined by the people who work in it. We appreciate that our staff choose to work here and aim to nurture an environment where our employees are comfortable and happy. We don't expect our employees to work longer than their contracted hours, and we encourage them to live full lives, balancing their time at work with other activities.
Performance and training
We are dedicated to maintaining and improving the technical skills of our staff, learning together to improve our knowledge and efficiency.
- We are a Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand approved training organization (ATO) and conduct regular staff training
- Several of our directors and senior staff are approved by the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants as mentors
- Formal performance reviews are conducted annually at a minimum.
- Yearly Australasian conferences for selected staff.
- Attractive salaries offered and reviewed bi-annually.
- We reward staff when referrals from them result in the successful recruitment of new staff
- We reward staff for successfully referring new clients
- Four weeks annual leave per annum
- Study leave, both paid and unpaid (by agreement)
- Long service reward after ten, and fifteen years
- Flexible attendance – you choose your core hours.
Health & Well being
We encourage our staff to pursue a healthy lifestyle
- Daily fresh fruit
- Free annual influenza vaccinations
- Relaxing staff room with kitchen facilities.
We believe in taking some time to relax a little and enjoy each others company
- Suit free clothes policy for Fridays
- Regular Friday night drinks and nibbles for all staff
- Monthly staff meeting where employees are encouraged to contribute
- Regular staff social events
- After hours car parking for staff (close to offices).
- Meals are provided for those working late
- Dry cleaning pickup and delivery is provided (at own cost)